Wednesday, April 17, 2013

cooking/recipes



Greetings all! I recently saw this recipe on Facebook called Pizza Casserole! Instantly, I was intrigued by the picture... it looked awesome!! I'm a huge pizza fan! It's my favorite food, so I'm more than willing to give this a try. It's from WITCHIN IN THE KITCHEN and I plan to make this soon! I'll post pics of how mine turns out!


Pizza Casserole

The ingredients consist of:

1 (16 ounce) pkg uncooked rotini
1 lb ground italian sausage
1 (24 ounce) of pasta sauce
1 (16 ounce) container of cottage cheese
1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced black olives
1 ( 4 ounce ) can mushrooms drained
12 ounces of mozzarella cheese
2 ( 3ounce) pkgs sliced pepperoni (or any and all the meat you like)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 9x13in casserole dish.

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place uncooked pasta in the pot. Cook 8-10 min, until al dente, and drained.

In a skillet over medium heat,cook the sausage until evenly brown, drain grease. Mix in the cooked pasta and pasta sauce. Pour into prepared casserole dish.

In a bowl, mix the cottage cheese, olives, mushrooms, and mozzarella cheese.

Spoon the cheese mixture over the sausage and pasta mixture. Top with pepperoni slices.

Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly and light brown.
 
\
 
 
So, here is the one I made:
 
 
Another view:
 
 
 
The Verdict:
 
I made this last night and my thought about it is...(insert drum roll here) Based on the recipe, it was good but not great! It needed more flavors, like fresh garlic and oregano. It could have also used some salt.  My suggestion is to make your meat sauce the same way you would as if you were making lasagna, shells, baked spahgetti.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment